December 6, 2010

Filed under: England, International — Tags: , , , , , , , — sarahcanterbury @ 1:27 am

You think this is bad Ricky? Just wait ’til Melbourne. (Tooting Trumpet)

Ricky Ponting & Simon Katich at the crease. England v Australia Day 2, Fifth Test, The Oval, 21 August 2009

1. “Nearly two months to the day since Michael Jackson died. Chamone.”

Comment by Ash — December 6, 2010 @ 1:44 am

2. No one knows for sure what happened out on the crease that day: Some say a mysterious cloud hovered above Ponting before dissipating rapidly; some say it was the spectre of the new Golf GTI that changed him; some have said that the Devil himself was in the crowd. But, whatever it was that happened at The Oval, all we know is that Ponting never batted successfully against England again.

Comment by Marc — December 6, 2010 @ 2:08 am

3. *violent crying*

Comment by bettiwettiwoo — December 6, 2010 @ 2:40 am

4. “OI! when I said we need to hold on to our wickets, I didn’t mean literally!”

Comment by David Knowles — December 6, 2010 @ 10:03 am

5. Embarassed by his LBW gaffe, Katich tries desperately to protect his valuables from his captain’s death ray eyeball-activated lasers.

Comment by Lyn Patey — December 6, 2010 @ 10:23 am

6. The earthquake has left the oval sloping terribly towards the Bedser Stand as Ponting changes gears in contemplation.

Comment by DW — December 6, 2010 @ 10:37 am

7. Ponting starts to regret waiting till after the ashes to get the cream.

Comment by Gareth Brown — December 6, 2010 @ 11:20 am

8. Ponting realises, at the worst time possible, that someone’s played the superglue trick on his glove. (Graeme Swann innocently walks past…)

Comment by Will — December 6, 2010 @ 12:13 pm

9. So what if you hold the ashes? I have the RASHES

Comment by Farrukh — December 6, 2010 @ 10:18 pm

10. Careful Ricky – Pakistan were done for ball tampering here.

Comment by tootingtrumpet — December 7, 2010 @ 5:37 pm

11. They’re still there Ricky – we don’t lose our cojones until Adelaide next year.

Comment by tootingtrumpet — December 7, 2010 @ 5:39 pm

12. Even with arms matted with fur, Ricky still needed a woolly jumper.

Comment by tootingtrumpet — December 7, 2010 @ 5:40 pm

13. You haven’t got your Baggy Green down there have you Ricky?

Comment by tootingtrumpet — December 7, 2010 @ 5:41 pm

14. You need both hands on the bat Ricky – just call for a box.

Comment by tootingtrumpet — December 7, 2010 @ 5:42 pm

15. “Right, Ricky. The ball’s going to pitch here…HERE Ricky! Pay attention! All you have to do is play down though leg and…have you put a box in? Did you put a box in Ricky? For Christ’s sake Ponting you really don’t care do you? Now look me in the eyes. Good. Repeat after me: I am Ricky Ponting. I am the 2nd highest Test run scorer in world history. I must bat well. The people after me are useless. I am not an inept captain. I am… Oh look if you’re not going to pay attention then you can just get out. pathetic little cry baby.

Comment by DeepFourthMan — December 20, 2010 @ 1:50 pm

16. Flintoff: So I asked the guy, “How much to hire a pedalo?” He quoted some ridiculous tourist price so I thought, “Bugger that, I’ll just come back at night when noone’s around.”

Comment by Ben — December 20, 2010 @ 7:40 pm

17. You think this is bad Ricky? Just wait ’til Melbourne.

Comment by tootingtrumpet — December 29, 2010 @ 3:08 pm

18. Punter was only going to face two balls.

Comment by petehayman — January 6, 2011 @ 10:21 am