September 20, 2010

Filed under: Odds but not Sods — Tags: , , , — sarahcanterbury @ 12:09 pm

“You’ll have to start using this, we’ve run out of pies.” (Andi)

Test Match Sofa’s Captain Dan & Jarrod (also of Cricket With Balls). Test Match Sofa v Middlesex Lord’s Taverners, Sunbury CC, 18 September 2010

1. Someone’s just given me this red thing. Do you know what to do with it?

Comment by Mervyn Ramsay — September 20, 2010 @ 12:13 pm

2. Make a wish… and take a bite!

Comment by MrSmithMachine — September 20, 2010 @ 12:14 pm

3. Are you going to bite it or should I do the honors?

Comment by Farrukh — September 20, 2010 @ 12:14 pm

4. With this Ball, I thee wed

Comment by AndyinBrum — September 20, 2010 @ 12:15 pm

5. “Now remember, it’s a wide first ball, no ball on the fourth ok? There’s £3.50 riding on this”

Comment by Rich Smith — September 20, 2010 @ 12:15 pm

6. “Bleep Bleep Bleep Bleep Bleep Bleep Bleep.”

“Bleep Bleep Bleep Bleep Bleep Bleep Bleep.”

“Bleep Bleep Bleep Bleep Bleep Bleep Bleep.”

“Bleep Bleep Bleep Bleep Bleep Bleep Bleep.”

“Bleep off.”

Comment by The Tooting Trumpet — September 20, 2010 @ 12:21 pm

7. Dan: Remember, it’s the THIRD BALL of the over that’s gotta be a wide.

Jrod: Aw look mate I can’t promise that. You know I have no control over my legbreaks.

Comment by Mahek — September 20, 2010 @ 12:21 pm

8. “Daniel – that thing on your arse? That’s how Shoaib’s problem started.”

Comment by The Tooting Trumpet — September 20, 2010 @ 12:23 pm

9. “It is Warney you’ve got in your earpiece isn’t it?”

Comment by The Tooting Trumpet — September 20, 2010 @ 12:25 pm

10. “Well I don’t know – Darrell Hair just deducted five runs.”

Comment by The Tooting Trumpet — September 20, 2010 @ 12:25 pm

11. I don’t know who smeared glue on it, both we’re both stuck now.

Comment by The Tooting Trumpet — September 20, 2010 @ 12:27 pm

12. Jarrod – “I hate to tell you this Daniel, but someone’s nicked that lino you were carrying”.

Comment by The Tooting Trumpet — September 20, 2010 @ 12:28 pm

13. “I’m a little tea pot …..”

Comment by OB — September 20, 2010 @ 4:55 pm

14. “and now it’s compete, cricket with ball(s)”

Comment by OB — September 20, 2010 @ 4:56 pm

15. This certainly isn’t big, salty and brown.

Comment by Shivam — September 20, 2010 @ 5:21 pm

16. You blithering idiot, youve put super glue on the bal like i did, were now stuck like this till the showers..!!!

Comment by Westers — September 20, 2010 @ 5:23 pm

17. “Now, I’m going to be watching very closely for anything ‘suspicious’ going on in this first over”

.. “Hello? William Hill? Yes.. I had my fingers crossed the whole time”

Comment by Leigh Gaskin — September 20, 2010 @ 5:26 pm

18. Britney with ball(s).

Comment by FactionOne — September 20, 2010 @ 5:28 pm

19. “You’re 56 mph and I’m 48. If we bowl it at the same time will we outpace Shoaib Akhtar?”

Comment by BenSix — September 20, 2010 @ 5:40 pm

20. Jarrod – ‘Have I ever told you how beautiful your eyes are?’
    Dan – ‘Errr…the mic’s on mate…’

Comment by Aatif — September 20, 2010 @ 6:58 pm

21. Ok, I’ll bowl it. But please don’t hit the detonator until reaches the batsman.

Comment by Ravi — September 20, 2010 @ 10:12 pm

22. What do you mean the voice recognition on the ACME Remote-Swing doesn’t work?
    It’s F*** for inswingers and B******* for the awayswing – I’ve got a lot resting on loosing by 1 run here!!

Comment by Mark Edwards — September 23, 2010 @ 12:39 pm

23. The only way the bowlers could decide whom was taking the first over was to have a thumb war.

Comment by The Ovenmeister — September 23, 2010 @ 2:02 pm

24. Dan’s attempt to explain the batsman’s liking for playing through the v got confusing when he introduced Pythagoras’ Theorem, using his forearm as the hypotheneuse.

Comment by The Ovenmeister — September 23, 2010 @ 2:09 pm

25. It has now emerged that two of the players were involved in spot-fixing, although it is unclear how they managed to communicate with bookmakers during the match.

Comment by Ben — September 25, 2010 @ 8:01 pm

26. Dan: Right, listen up. They need a six to win. You are going to roll the ball along the pitch.
    Jarrod: But, thats not in the spirit of the game!
    Dan: Oh puh-lease. Spare me that bleeding heart gibberish. Victory will be mine! (Crazed laugh)

Comment by Ben — September 25, 2010 @ 8:13 pm

27. You’ll have to start using this, we’ve run out of pies.

Comment by Andi — September 26, 2010 @ 4:54 pm

28. Daniel: How does this look?
    Jarrod: No. No. You are just not grasping the concept of the angry teapot.

Comment by Ben — September 26, 2010 @ 5:14 pm

29. Can you believe this? This used to be green. Shoaib tampered this ball so bad, it became red

Comment by Puneet — September 26, 2010 @ 5:49 pm

30. Hello – He says send out the 12th man with a new battery for his NHS pacemaker.

Comment by PJM — September 26, 2010 @ 5:52 pm

31. Dan, “You could have told me that over the fucking headset rather than calling me over”

Jarrod, “You could have thrown the bastard ball instead of passing it to me, if you want to split hairs”

Comment by Archimedes Screw — September 26, 2010 @ 6:49 pm