April 27, 2010

Filed under: Kent, Other Counties — Tags: , — sarahcanterbury @ 1:55 pm

Auditions for the Marlow’s 2010 production of “Snow White and the Seven Dwarves” were underway…* (Steph)

Ian Bell, Darren Maddy & Ian Westwood discuss tactics. Darren Stevens in the background.

CB40 Spitfires v Bears, Canterbury, 25 April 2010

* Steph & I are both rather diminutive, so know the best things come in small packages!

1. “Do we really need 21 runs from one ball?”

Comment by David Bird — April 27, 2010 @ 1:58 pm

2. Yet again, Ian fell for the oldest trick in the book, revealing his ‘scissors’ just before Darren changed his hand to ‘rock’

Comment by The Skiver — April 27, 2010 @ 1:58 pm

3. “I’ll swap you my Paraguay shiny for your Gary Lineker. Belly, do you still want my Roger Milla?”

Comment by Ross — April 27, 2010 @ 2:27 pm

4. “Look lads, we really need the win here, I don’t fancy another volcanic Ash eruption”

Comment by Mark Chalcraft — April 27, 2010 @ 3:32 pm

5. “am I still seeing double!! or are they really going to open with two strikers?”

Comment by ©hinaman — April 27, 2010 @ 4:46 pm

6. Not much point entering as Mr Chalcraft’s caption is brilliant, but I get a chance for a bit of a personal boast…

Maddy: when we were kids my Dad and The Ovenmeister’s Dad played for the same team. He used to bowl at me on the boundary and once hit me here…

Comment by The Ovenmeister — April 28, 2010 @ 3:31 pm

7. Ian Bell looks on in awe that he’s found two people smaller than he is

Comment by AndyinBrum — April 28, 2010 @ 6:43 pm

8. Warwickshire collectively mystified by the presence of a scoring Kent batsman.

Comment by FEC — April 28, 2010 @ 8:48 pm

9. Look, Darren, I really can count your Test average on the fingers of one hand

Comment by The Skiver — April 28, 2010 @ 11:46 pm

10. Maddy – ‘I’ve forgotten who this bloke is?’
    Westwood – ‘Ian Bell, I think’
    Maddy ‘That rings a name’

Comment by Vokel Yokel — April 29, 2010 @ 11:27 am

11. ‘I’m not a b@$£@rd. My name is Darren Maddy and my Pappy is a Married Daddy’

Comment by Vokel Yokel — April 29, 2010 @ 5:55 pm

12. There it is on the end of my finger!

Comment by Cricket Bats — April 29, 2010 @ 6:16 pm

13. Westwood : Hey Belly, look over there batting now. It’s Darren, a batting all-rounder from Leicester. Did we sign the right one?
    A bashful Maddy : Oh hell, I’ve been rumbled. I’ll get my coat.

Comment by Shane — May 3, 2010 @ 10:46 pm

14. Maddy – ‘But if you field in the slips it’s a Catch 22 situation’

Comment by Vokel Yokel — May 4, 2010 @ 7:38 pm

15. Maddy: Who’s in for Iron Man 2?
    Westwood: But someone is out there batting.
    Maddy: Who’s in for Iron Man 2?
    Bell: Wankers!

Comment by Ankit — May 7, 2010 @ 10:26 am

16. Auditions for the Marlow’s 2010 production of “Snow White and the Seven Dwarves” were underway…

Comment by Steph — May 7, 2010 @ 10:37 am

17. Westwood: Now listen up Maddy, I have heard that the Kent captain has a weakness for pies, so I want some slow, juicy ones wide outside off stump.
    Maddy: Are you sure?
    Bell (excitedly): Jolly good plan sir! When I see that kind of stuff I go wild and end up nicking one.

Comment by Ben — May 7, 2010 @ 11:15 am

18. “When you said he was a candidate, I didn’t realise you meant for lbw!”

Comment by Boydey — May 7, 2010 @ 5:09 pm

19. If you make me bowl from the other end, then I’m not going to tell you where the ball is

Comment by Doug Reid — May 8, 2010 @ 9:54 am

20. If I’m number 22 and you are 23, then that makes Bell Boy number 24!!

Comment by Derek — May 8, 2010 @ 12:12 pm