January 7, 2010

Filed under: Odds but not Sods, Other Counties — Tags: , , — sarahcanterbury @ 1:11 pm

“So Marcus, you’re noted for your erratic behaviour and poor decision-making under pressure*. Have you considered umpiring when you retire?” (Marc)

*disclaimer! Viewed as humour re recent umpiring & not comment on MT!

Charles Colville & Marcus Trescothick, T20 Finals Day, post Spitfires v Sabres S/F, Edgbaston, 15 August 2009

1. Colville “I got this small cheque & funny coloured ice cream..!”
    Trescothick “good for you, I got this huge cheque & a bottle of Veuve..!!”

Comment by Westers1401 — January 7, 2010 @ 1:22 pm

2. “Marcus, are you still a bit mental ?”

Comment by Sean Tracey — January 7, 2010 @ 1:24 pm

3. So Marcus, when you strode out to the crease and the wicket-keeper said “Welcome to Mumbai”, did that affect your performance at all?

Comment by Marc — January 7, 2010 @ 1:34 pm

4. Trescothick marveled at the life-like appearance of the Sky Sports android.

Comment by Ben — January 7, 2010 @ 1:37 pm

5. “So Marcus, about this new bat of yours.”

Comment by AndyinBrum — January 7, 2010 @ 2:20 pm

6. Enough about you, Marcus! Tell me, does Ceci really think I’m an arse?

Comment by Jean — January 7, 2010 @ 4:40 pm

7. Apart from the Cheque and Champagne you’ve won a Far East Holiday for one.

Comment by Vokel Yokel — January 7, 2010 @ 4:59 pm

8. Don’t look now, Charles, but there’s a big black furry thing on your shoulder.

Comment by Vokel Yokel — January 7, 2010 @ 5:02 pm

9. Marcus, the Sugababes are stuck in traffic so we’re going to have to fill in. Surely you know a couple of Wurzels numbers?

Comment by The Ovenmeister — January 7, 2010 @ 6:17 pm

10. Colville: Marcus I have just been informed that England will now be playing all away tests at home. Does this mean that we can look forward to see you playing for England again?

Comment by Vinoj — January 7, 2010 @ 7:53 pm

11. Colville: Charles… Colville. You must have heard of me. I am really, really famous on Sky. I am.
    Tres: Fooled you, do you think I am mental or something?

Comment by rob — January 7, 2010 @ 8:39 pm

12. “Look Tres, I want the same deal as Vaughany. There’s your money. There’s your champagne. Now where is your wife?” *

*Disclaimer: I do not believe the rumour that Michael Vaughan slept with Mrs Trescothick.

Comment by Jon — January 8, 2010 @ 5:01 pm

13. Colvile: Marcus, Geoff Miller has asked me to inform you that you have been selected for the winter tour! You must be very pleased.
    Tres: (starts to perspire) What? I ain’t getting on no plane, fool!!

Comment by Ben — January 9, 2010 @ 11:36 am

14. Colville: So, what is your illness all about?!
    Marcus: I am not saying a word about it!

Comment by Saqib — January 17, 2010 @ 11:14 am

15. Charles: England are a bit shit aren’t they?
    Marcus: Yes. The batters keep getting out to bad balls. I used to do it a lot too.

Comment by Dave Bird — January 17, 2010 @ 11:18 am

16. So Marcus, you’re noted for your erratic behaviour and poor decision-making under pressure. Have you considered umpiring when you retire?

Comment by Marc — January 17, 2010 @ 2:39 pm

17. Charlie: So Marcus how is David Icke these days?

Comment by Richard Bond — January 17, 2010 @ 4:51 pm

18. Ok Marcus, who would you rather open the batting with – Susan Boyle or Britney Spears?

Comment by Richard Bond — January 17, 2010 @ 5:02 pm

19. Marcus we could really do with you back in the England team so we’re going to set it up for you to Bat from home on a Wii Console!

Comment by Mark Cooper — January 18, 2010 @ 12:44 pm

20. Colville: I don’t know about you Marcus, but my legs are beginning to ache having stood here for eleven days while we wait for this silly woman to make her mind up.
    Tresco: They call me Banger, you know.

Comment by Marc — January 18, 2010 @ 10:51 pm

21. The bottle and cheque really doesn’t make up for the fact you never got to play for Kent does it Marcus ?

Comment by keith last — January 20, 2010 @ 10:05 am